Thursday, April 19, 2007

Missed it by that much

I managed to get out of the house at a good time this morning.  Partially because I didn’t walk the dog on account of rain.  After I got to work I heard from my wife that my daughter was up 5 minutes after I left.  She found her at the top of the stairs loudly whispering “Daddy!  Daddy!”  When she saw my wife she matter of factly states that she’s looking for me.  When my wife explained to her that I had already left for work she was a bit upset because she wanted to walk the dog with me.  Now tell me that wouldn’t make you feel great and awful at the same time.  Maybe I need to make more noise tomorrow morning (I’m sure my wife would love that).

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

keep this memory going. One of my favorite memories of my Dad was waking up in time to run to the door to give him a hug and tell him to have a nice day. After 50 years, I still remember him telling me I didn't need to get up to tell him goodbye but I still remember the smile on his face
Cherish your kids, before you know it they are having kids.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home