Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Adoption Pending

Last night we went to visit a dog named Kenzie. I've been window shopping for a new dog for a while now and when I saw the breed, read her bio, and saw her picture I knew I need to at least meet her.

Her foster home is not too far from our current home, which was a bit odd since the shelter is listed as being out of Wheaton, which is not really near her foster home. In some ways it was a little bit Deja Vu. It was a very similar experience to meeting Katie for the very first time. Kenzie was about as sweet as I could be. She was reserved, but friendly. She's mostly an Australian Shepherd, but mixed with something else. She's got probably the most unique coat I've ever seen and beautiful at that.

After leaving we did some serious thinking and had some discussion about adopting her. The wife and I had pretty much the same thoughts. There was no good reason not to adopt Kenzie. Most of my concerns could only be answered after she's been living with us for some time.

The one thing that I wasn't expecting to be able to do was to rename any dog that we were apt to adopt. This simply has to do with the fact that we're not looking to get a puppy. However, since Kenzie was dropped off with no real info on her, she hasn't been using Kenzie for that long and hopefully will take to her new name easily enough.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the day she comes home to live with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home